WHAT ARE THE WARNING SIGNS FOR SUICIDE?
SEEK HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by contacting a mental health professional or by calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK if you or someone you know exhibits any of the following signs:
- Threatening to hurt or kill oneself or talking about wanting to hurt or kill oneself
- Looking for ways to kill oneself by seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means
- Talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide when these actions are out of the ordinary for the person
- Feeling hopeless
- Feeling rage or uncontrolled anger or seeking revenge
- Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities - seemingly without thinking
- Feeling trapped - like there’s no way out
- Increasing alcohol or drug use
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and society
- Feeling anxious, agitated, or unable to sleep or sleeping all the time
- Experiencing dramatic mood changes
- Seeing no reason for living or having no sense of purpose in life
Warning signs information provided SuicidePreventionLifeline.org
All content within this site is for INFORMATIONAL purposes only and does not constitute as medical advice or an endorsement of any safety service, device, method, product, organization or vendor.
National Autism Association is not responsible for the content produced by, or the services rendered by, any third party that is referenced, or to which access may be provided via this safety site.